Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 Recap

December was a crazy month...which is quite fitting as 2009 was a crazy year...

As I reflect on the past year, I decided to do a quick recap of the exciting events (pictures included for your enjoyment):

1. January - I started off the year getting engaged to a very handsome and wonderful man.

2. January - The Ponca City crew came down for the annual superbowl party and declaration of the Fantasy Football Trophy (my name gets engraved this year! wahoo!)
3. March - Went on a "Last Fling Before the Rings" (titled by our dear mother, we even got luggage tags with the phrase...I can sense your jealousy) cruise with the all the girls. It was a great time...though I learned that cruises are not my favorite vacation.

4. June 20th - I got married to my best friend! (sorry he's not in this picture...I have an entire post of the wedding if you desire to look...)

5. June - Celebrated our marriage in the great city of Zihuatanejo, Mexico. The best vacation I've ever been on.

6. June - Moved for the first time into a home I can call my own. I LOVE having a home!

7. July - We came back just in time to celebrate the marriage of my sister, Caitlin!


8. August - Started back to work...:(

9. September - Celebrated my older sister, Amy, getting married!


10. October - My good friend, Faith, got married! (Lots of weddings this year! What a blessing!)

11. My family grew twice as large in a matter of just a few months (this is at Thanksgiving)

12. December - Still taking it all in...but I quit my job at the school (for a massive myriad of reasons, but the quality of my life is going to vastly improve now). Guess I'll be starting off the new year looking for a new job...
13. Matt and I took a trip to New York City for the Christmas holiday. I've always wanted to go during Christmas time (I had never been before) and it was Beautiful! Freezing, but beautiful! (here we are in Central Park after the monumental snow storm)
14. We arrived back in DFW a couple days before Christmas to celebrate with my family, and then headed to Oklahoma to celebrate with the in-laws. It was wonderful to see everyone and spend time with them, though now I'm finally getting a chance to relax from our vacations!
I cannot believe that tomorrow starts the new year. It will be different than last (and hopefully a little slower paced!), but I look forward to what God brings. I do pray that I can learn to rest solely in His presence again, as the crazy, changing year has wound me up a bit:). I want to bask in God's joy and peace and continually remember that He is faithful. I think it's going to be a good year. ;)

No comments: