Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2007

purpose

"No one is more pleasurable to be around than a person who has had her cup filled by the Lord Jesus Christ. He is the only one who is never overwhelmed by the depth and length of our need."

"Everyone's deepest longings come from the need to feel loved unconditionally. We seek greatness, wealth, things to try to fill that void. Our hearts are not healthy until they have been satisfied by the only completely healthy love that exists: the love of God, Himself."

I'm slowly beginning to realize that this is life. I don't know if I like it. I am either working, sleeping or driving 18 of the 24 hours in a day. That statement makes me really sad. But the majority of the world lives a schedule like that. I've done it for, what, 2 years? People do it their whole lives...I guess that's why it's so important to find a job that you enjoy and find meaning in. I've been thinking a lot about God's purpose in things. It's often SO hard to see it, but often when you look back you can completely see His hand in it. In the midst, I question God a ton, and I believe we need to be real with God in our emotions, but I wish that I could finally learn to truly trust Him in the fog...even if it kinda seems to suck at the moment. I looked up every verse in the Bible that talks about hope. B/c what am I living in hope for as I wake up every morning and do my routine? First, I am reminded that I have something so much greater than many people I encounter everyday. I DO have a "living hope..to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled and unfading, kept in Heaven for " (1 Peter 1:3). Second, I was convicted to look back at the provision and purpose God has shown in so many aspects of my past...that I questioned greatly at the time. He really is good. He really does have a purpose. Yes, pain and hard things are caused from sin and evil, but even in that God has a plan and uses it for good. So, how will I chose to walk through those times?

I guess it's our greatest battle - believing Truth and not the lies that seem so much easier to believe. When you are running away from something, you have to run towards something. I just wish it wasn't as hard as i make it.

"In appreciation of beauty, mountains, music, poetry, knowledge, people, sciences - even in the tang of an apple - God is there, to reflect the joy of His presence in the believer who will realize God's purpose in all things." - Pete Fleming

No comments: