Pages

Saturday, October 25, 2008

OSU experience

This past weekend, Matt and I drove to and from Oklahoma to enjoy a full weekend of OSU homecoming. It was quite an experience. Everyone kept asking me what I thought of it, but I didn't know really what to say. I thought A&M was pretty intense, but I decided it's like rolling up the weeks and weeks of A&M traditions and such into one weekend at OSU. We went none stop for several days, which means this week I'm getting to play catch up on my down time. :) But it was a lot of fun and not like anything I had seen before.

Here is a picture of 1) us and some of Matt's closest friends at the famous Eskimo Joe's in Stillwater, and 2) Matt and I on OSU campus. On a different note, I thought this was funny with my students. We were doing a health lesson on growing up and how your body changes, etc, and one of the questions that I asked on their assignment was "what happens when you grow up?" These are just a few of the responses...

I will live with my wife
I will at least have a normal job
When i am an adult, life with be hard. I will stop growing. I will get heavier. My body will keep changing.
I will have wrinkles
I will go to work and ride a bike
When you are an adult, you have to take life serious
I will be different b/c i will have a car, a job, a house, a family of my own, a lake, and new friends. (I don't really know how owning a lake fits into that picture, but dream big, right?!)
Being a grown up sounds exciting, huh?

No comments: