Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day at Fingerlake

This past beloved 3 day weekend we were able to spend with some good friends at a lake.  The weather was beautiful (although I did make the bold mistake to wear shorts, and I ended up freezing the whole time) - oh how my summers are different now!  Our friends Anne and Chad have an adoptive family up here in Alaska who have a wonderful house on a lake in Palmer with a big dock and fun toys to play with.  Matt and I ventured out there for the day with Nicole and Jared (and few others), ate way too much food, wore Mocha out (she actually took off running to hide when she realized it was time to go and she is still catching up on sleep today...3 days later), and just enjoyed "getting away" that didn't include a 6+ hour flight somewhere. 
Part of the gang soaking up the sun

Matt and I relaxing...with Archie, Mocha's love

Getting some fishing in.  Mocha loves being involved.
Chad caught us dinner...literally.  It was on the grill within hours.
We also learned how to gut and prepare fresh fish.  I think I might stick to letting someone else do that part, but glad to know I'd be able to survive if I get lost in the wilderness someday.

Anne and her "lap dog", Hank
Nicole and Jared enjoying the canoe

Matt learning how to row boat. It looks a lot more romantic in the movies.

Mocha got sad that we left her and took off swimming for us all the way to the middle of the lake. Thankfully she made it back to shore before she drowned! Poor dog. Thought we were leaving her.

I guess you can't get those views on a lake in the south.

This is Mocha pouting when it was time to go.
Hope you had a good Memorial day weekend!

No comments: