Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Homeowners

We bought a house!

It's true.  We are no longer homeless...even if we are not living in the house quite yet.  Nothing like being anticlimactic by closing on a house and not being able to move in for a couple more weeks.  However, when that moving truck arrives, the angels will be singing.  At least in my head.

I guess we could have moved in right away, but let's just say the house needs a little work.  Such as every single surface in the house is to be repainted or replaced.  The bones of the house are wonderful and the location can't be beat (hence why we bought the place), but it was just a tad bit lived in with the previous owners 3 dogs, 8 cats, 4 kids and potbellied pig we later learned about from the neighbor.  Yikes.

And it is all being renovated in 2 weeks.  TWO.  Even though it might will exhaust us in the process.  We could not be more thankful for Matt's dad contractor skills and unending energy.

Because I feel about like Maddie is here at the end of each day...
I'm exhausted.  But what does my lucky fortune cookie remind me of?
words of wisdom discovered during a very appropriate time
It will be worth it!  When it's done we can move in and relax (so I tell myself, though in reality I'll think of 500 other things I want to do to the house post-unpacking).  I have been counting down the days for two whole months now.

With just less than a week left we have already painted every single room.  In the entire house.  Every. single. room.  If I never see another paintbrush for the rest of my entire life when this is all done, I'll be ok with that.  The floors will soon be all brand new too.  And the best part?  I may have my dream kitchen.  

No fear, I'll have lots of before and afters for you, but in the mean time here is a sneak peak of the biggest project...
BEFORE
(certainly not terrible, but we needed to replace the countertops so we decided to just redo the whole thing while we were at it - and I somehow convinced my other half it was a good idea.  Some things just seem like they'll be easier in my head.)
PROGRESS
...it's better already, right?...
Aren't the joys of home ownership worth it? :)

No comments: