Pages

Monday, October 26, 2009

Camping!

This past weekend Matt and I ventured to a nearby state park to go camping. I love the outdoors, so this is something that I have been wanting to do with Matt for quite a long time! After having to reschedule several weekends due to illnesses, rain, etc - we finally made it...us and hundreds of boy scouts. Yep, we chose the place that was hosting every single boy scout and child between the ages of 5-14 from the Houston area. We were unable to make a drive to a more remote location - so I guess those type of consequences are expected. But either way...we have a great time! The weather was perfect! Just cold enough for a fire, but not miserable. We made burgers over the camp fire. Ate one too many s'mores. Talked. Laughed. Listened to small children scream. Had a couple camp fires. Hiked every trail that Stephen F. Austin state park has to offer. And relaxed. I love to just get away and enjoy nature and nothing else. So refreshing!

And sadly I actually remembered to bring the camera, but it was dead. So these are the few off of my phone...
Our tent :)
(I had to fight Matt from bringing the mattress from our bed at home!)

My wonderful husband making fire #2
so I could enjoy some much needed HOT coffee.

Mission accomplished!
(I don't have the patience to make fires, so I'm glad he does.)

No comments: