Pages

Monday, October 5, 2009

Happy surprise for a blah Monday

Have you ever had one of those days that you just feel blah? Nothing seems to go right, the world seems against you...and it's Monday? Well, today is one of those days.

BUT (yes, thankfully there is a but)

I'm sitting here during my one and only off period today taking a breather and thinking about when to take my next "sick day"...when I got a call. Now on Saturday, Matt and I stopped by a teacher supply store (*note: this is the only time I have ever been during the school year. I usually go once a year at the beginning when they give us our gift certificate. Don't worry, I don't intend to call myself an overachiever teacher.) Anyways, while we were there they were having a drawing for all the people who came in that day. I submitted my slip with name and number, not expecting much...but they called me today to tell me I won! I never win anything. That's right. I will be treating my wonderful husband to a movie with my newly acquired $25 gift card to the movies. Thank you teacher supply store!

It brought a smidgit of joy to my day. :)

And I think I might take my sick day on Wednesday.

No comments: