Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Rainbow Peak

First hike of the season.  This trail is one of the first to be snow free coming out of winter due to the direction it faces.  Our friends, Anne and Chad, invited us along.  We love their company and I always prefer to have other hiker friends with us.  It was a beautiful, sunny day and the trail was awesome!  A portion of it involved bear crawling up steep scree, which was rather exciting...and slightly frightening.  But of course, it was worth it, as always!  We even got to see the Bore Tide coming in through the inlet!
On the way up!
Notice I'm down to a tank top! ...first time all year...

Chad and Anne. 
Gotta love that he packs.  I suprisingly feel much safer knowing he had that little guy.
The bears are out of hibernation, if you were curious.
 
I remember why I like Alaska now:)


Taking a breather...winter wasn't good to us
 
The whole gang at the top!
Great way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

No comments: