Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

Vote for Matt!

Last night as I was driving into our neighborhood after work there was a sign that said "HOA Annual Meeting Tonight".  I came on home and Matt and I debated on if we should go (our HOA is a little anal up here...but I'm learning that might be the norm in Alaska and not to take it personally).  If we are going to complain about the rules (a rather fat handbook), rather than just be bitter about them, we need to at least be involved and make a presence.  And I really want to get to know our neighbors better.  So we opted to go. 

I've mentioned that our neighborhood is on the older side - built in the 60's/70's and as we were told a neighborhood that was built for the those looking to downsize...empty nesters of sorts.  Most of whom are very sweet...but of course you have your cranky, need-more-to-do ones as well.

I wish I could have taken a picture as we walked into the room last night.  We were literally the only 2 people in there that didn't have white hair.  I think I laughed out loud at the situation.  We stuck out like a sore thumb.  It was awesome.

During the course of the 2 hour meeting (yikes!), I may or may not have nominated Matt to be on the board of our HOA.  Oops.  And he may or may not have been voted in unanimously (I'd like to say because everyone loves us, but really it's because nobody else would step up).  Oops again.  And he may or may not have been chosen by the board of 10 or so people to be the neighborhood treasurer.  Hah. 

I'm not really sure how it all happened...it's all kind of a blur now...and I'm not really sure what Matt has signed up for. And I'm not exactly decided yet on if the impromptu attendance at our HOA meeting was a wise decision. 

I guess we shall find out.

1 comment:

Jenna G. said...

Somehow this doesn't surprise me. Just make sure you talk him out of building a neighborhood float.