Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I know not the way God leads....

"I know not the way God leads me, but well do I know my Guide."  - Martin Luther

I did not know what moving to Alaska would bring.  I was open and excited about it though.  In the beginning it's always exciting to me...the unknown.  Living in the midst of the unknown, however, is not always as much fun.  I'll admit there have been many times of joy and new adventure that I will never want to take back.  But there may have also been a few times that brought me to tears, a few times that I just didn't feel like I could take the dark or the cold or the distance another day. 

I don't know what tomorrow will bring or how I am going to handle the next hour ahead.  And sometimes that overwhelms me.  Though I know that if I really believed and lived like I know my God - the Creator, the Alpha and Omega, the omniscient Almighty, the God who numbers the hairs on my head and the stars in the sky - I wouldn't feel overwhelmed.  I would rest in the peace of the knowledge that God knows.  He most certainly has a perfect plan, a way to refine me into His character and use me in this lost world.   

And as much as that challenges me - it probably involves another day at my job and another winter (or two or three) in Alaska.  Which is good. Because God will use it - if I let Him.  And He will only give me what I can handle in His strength. 

The last thing I want to do it wake up and realize that I wasted this precious gift of today wishing it was different.  Maybe it's not exactly what I had in mind - but how often is it? And isn't this life not about me anyway? 

And thus the cry of my heart...

"You have said, 'Seek my face.'
My heart says to you,
'Your face, Lord, do I seek.'"
Psalm 27:8

"The Lord is my strength and my shield;
in Him my heart trusts, and I am helped;
my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to Him."
Psalm 28:7

No comments: