Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Words of Wisdom on Love Day

Let love be genuiune...

Roman 12:9

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends.
1 Corinthians 13: 4-8a

The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love.
1 John 4:8

In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
1 John 4:10

Love is the greatest refreshment in life.
Pablo Picasso

A bell is no bell 'til you ring it,
A song is no song 'til you sing it,
And love in your heart
Wasn’t put there to stay -
Love isn’t love
'Til you give it away.
Oscar Hammerstein
The Sound of Music (only because I love this movie)

Impart unto me, O God, I pray Thee, the spirit of Thy Love, that I may be more anxious to give than to receive, more eager to understand than to be understood, more thoughtful for others, more forgetful of myself.
F. B. Meyer


The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are lovedloved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.
Victor Hugo

And because it made me laugh...
I don’t understand why Cupid was chosen to represent Valentine’s Day. When I think about romance, the last thing on my mind is a short, chubby toddler coming at me with a weapon.

Unknown

No comments: