Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

Project #147...

Matt and I inherited this nightstand from my great Uncle.  Again, kinda old school, but certainly good quality.  I decided it was a good piece of (free) furniture, it just needed a little make-over. 

We removed the knobs and those lovely metal plates and moved it to the garage.  It was way too cold to be painting outside. (However, I would highly recommend this option if possible for better ventilation.  The fumes did not do good things for me and everything in the garage may now possibly have a coat of red on it.  Live and learn.)
 A little sanding, a couple cans of spray paint and new knobs...and ta-da!
It's really bright, but I think it looks awesome.  We placed it in this awkward empty spot in the 2nd bath for extra storage/counter space.  With boring white walls at this moment in time, it really adds a little color to the bare bathroom.

2 comments:

Amy Leigh said...

I love your refurbing of old furniture! It's giving me some inspiration... :)

Laura Moore said...

glad to hear it...i don't know if i'll ever want to buy a new, full price piece of furniture again...