Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Easy as cake

In light of the most recent kitchen disaster on Matt's birthday, I've discovered the easiest, most delish recipe for single serving cake.  All I can ask is how did I not know about this??

I'm not a big recipe poster - because I don't consider myself an all-star cook.  But when it comes to easy, few ingredient recipes, I have a whole box full.  The crockpot has saved my family from starving since our precious wee one arrived.

Anyways, my grandfather, ironically, forwarded me this recipe the day after my cooking failures.  And I'm pretty sure he doesn't read my blog, so it was all in God's sense of humor, I guess.  So I googled it (as all good skeptics do) and sure enough, it was a legit idea.

What did I have to lose? So I tried it.  Good decision on my part.

1 box angel food cake mix
1 box any flavor cake mix your heart desires (I used funfetti, because, honestly, you can never go wrong with funfetti)

Dump both in large ziplock.  Shake to mix.  Dish out 1/3 cup cake mix into small bowl or mug.  Add 3 Tablespoons water.  Stir.  Microwave 1 minute.  Voila.  You are done.

Feel free to add a scoop of icing or my personal favorite - strawberries and cool whip.  Best part is that it keeps for whenever you get a cake craving and it isn't that bad for you...unless you go back for seconds, like I just did.

No comments: