Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

dates and growing babies

Sorry, I couldn't think of a catchy title for this post.  I have a random assortment of thoughts today. 

For starters, I know it's important to put your marriage first.  I've had many people tell me that about after having kids.  It's easy for them to become your world.  But they need a strong, Godly marriage to set the foundation for the home.  Thus, I believe, going on dates is important.  

But I'm not gonna lie.  It's hard to leave this cute little lady!  

We are blessed with several friends who have offered to babysit for us (we don't have the luxury of grandma nearby)...so we have officially gone out 3 times. hah.  Sounds sad, only 3 times in 4 1/2 months. But since I'm turning 29 this week...sigh, the last year of my twenties....Matt took me to Benihanas.  It was delicious. I'd never been to a Japanese steak house and I loved it!  Since it was my birthday, we got an honorary picture. :)  I told Matt we could only be gone TWO hours since Maddie won't take a bottle.  Even still she acted like she hadn't eaten in days when we arrived back home.  I think she has a bit of a dramatic flare in her.
Another big celebration was my first mother's day.  We had a brunch with our church group that the men prepared and came home to start organize our garage.  What's sad is that's my idea of a good time.

We also took some photos.  I have so many pictures on my computer of Maddie.  Like a ridiculous amount.  My goal is to go through, narrow down and edit the best.  I read somewhere that if you won't frame it or put it in a scrapbook, then go ahead and delete it.  No point in having 50 photos of her 2 month pictures, right?  Sometimes it's overwhelming to me.  Does anyone else have this problem?
Today we had our 4 month appointment.  I stand affirmed that my little girl is growing big!  She is 15lbs 6oz (75th%), 25 1/4" (75th%) and her head is 44cm (99th%).  She's got some big brains going on in there. :)

No comments: