Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

I'm 29

I'm officially 29. The last year of my 20's.  I remember when 30 was old.  It still sounds old.  Except I'm about to be 30.  And I don't feel old.  Other than the fact that my knee hurts when I run now.  And I'm starting to see those lovely smile creases near my eyes.  

At least it was a good celebration.  First Matt took me to dinner, remember?  It was lovely.
Then we had a little shindig BBQ at the house with some great friends.  It was really just a good excuse to have a party.  And eat sweet potato fries.  God has blessed us with wonderful friends up here.  We all are far away from home...and I think that makes us closer.  We are our little family away from family.  That's one thing I love about Alaska that we just didn't have in Houston.  The community.
It was supposed to be an outdoor BBQ, but you never know how the weather is going to pan out up here.  Actually, I could probably take a good guess 95% of the time, but I do like to be optimistic.  Sadly, it really was cloudy and cold.  So we hung out inside the majority of the time.
 They even cleaned up for me. :)
Unfortunately, Maddie didn't have as good of a time.  Thankfully that little face didn't last long.  She just wanted to be apart of the party when it was way past her bedtime.  I think she may encourage my eye crinkles...that and the bags under the eyes.
I feel blessed.  It's going to be a good year.  And I'll deal with the reality and denial of 30 next year.

No comments: