Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Remember

"But, first, remember, remember, remember the signs. Say them to yourself when you wake in the morning and when you lie down at night, and when you wake in the middle of the night. And whatever strange things may happen to you, let nothing turn your mind from following the signs. And secondly, I give you a warning. Here on the mountain I have spoken to you clearly: I will not often do so down in Narnia. Here on the mountain, the air is clear and your mind is clear; as you drop down into Narnia, the air will thicken. Take great care that it does not confuse your mind. And the signs which you have learned here will not look at all as you expect them to look, when you meet them there. That is why it is so important to know them by heart and pay no attention to appearances. Remember the signs and believe the signs. Nothing else matters." C.S.Lewis, Chronicles of Narnia

There are times when I feel completely beat up at the end of the day. Discouraged. Defeated. I let the world get the best of me.  I need to remember. The Truth. What God's Word says. About who I am. Who He is. What is important. What this life is really all about. 

I may not have physical people around me majority of the day who share my beliefs, but I am not alone.  God reveals Himself to me. He encourages me. And those times when I do not feel it, I need to remember.  Remember and hold on to that. 
The current Scripture taped to the computer screen I stare at all day long to help me remember...

"But I call this to mind, and therefore I have hope:
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
His mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is Your faithfulness."
Lamentations 3:21-22

No comments: