Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

30 Weeks

30 weeks.  Goodness.  It feels like we got here so fast, but yet it still seems so far away before we get to meet Madelyn. 

The last month has been slightly crazy.  We have travelled to and from the south twice (one unexpected visit included).  Yes that's at least 36 hours of flying.  Not counting the 10+ hours of driving in a car to get from airport to designated locations.  Going from the 90's to the 30's is a fun adjustment.  Needless to say, work has been fun playing catch up and my body may or may not be exhausted.  But it's been a blessing to see family and am thankful to have the ability to still be able to fly...even in my third trimester. 

This also means I've been terrible documenting weekly growth through pictures.  But here is the big week 30.  Maddie is growing! (And her nursery almost complete!)
I officially:
Have too swollen of fingers to wear my wedding rings, they reside on my pinky, if at all.
Feel like I have a bowling ball permanently strapped to my torso.
Can't make it up the stairs without having to stop to catch my breath.
Feel Maddie kickboxing/doing somersaults about 15 minutes every time after I eat.
Indigestion. Enough said.
Move a lot slower these days.
Am getting slightly nervous about that whole birthing part (I really haven't until this point).
Can't eat very much at one time due to my squished stomach.  But that doesn't mean I don't eat often. ;)
Whack Matt every night when I'm tossing and turning.  Sorry babe.
And that perfect vision I always took pride in?  I can barely read street signs now.

Thankfully these should all be gone once we have our daughter.  So many things to look forward to!

This weekend I did a load of newborn baby clothes that we have received through gifts and donations (people are so generous!).  It made me so anxious for her to get here. A little impatient, actually.  Matt often finds me in the nursery just sitting with a book or journal.  It's one of my favorite rooms in the house right now.  Good thing since I'll probably be spending lots of time in there in the near future. 

So only about 10 weeks left!  Can we fast forward, please?

No comments: