Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Will you be my Valentine?

I love Valentine's Day.  Well ever since I met the love of my life (before that I can't say I was thrilled about the occasion).  I really wanted to make some pretty cupcakes to celebrate, but then I realized...who am I kidding?  I was lucky to put a little make-up on today.  

Matt and I never really do anything big.  This year will involve dinner at home and some yummy strawberry shortcake while watching Parenthood (my favorite x2).  Maybe not the most extravagant celebration, but a newborn changes things up a bit.  This past weekend we did get all dressed up to attend a benefit gala together - our first night away from Madelyn.  I am thankful for friends who I trust to keep her alive while we go out on the town. :) I lasted less than 2 hours until I was ready to leave and pick up my baby.  I'm easing into it.
(maybe the most beautiful flowers I've ever received)
Besides, it doesn't hurt to have another excuse to take pictures of the cutest little girl ever.  Our sweet neighbor gave her this "my first Valentine's" outfit.  I don't have a picture of it, but there is a big red heart on the butt - too cute.  I had to squeeze her into it because she's almost outgrown all her newborn clothes!  As much as I want her to stay little forever, I'm certainly ready for her to be sleeping through the night.  Technically she has as she's made it to 5 hours on a few occasions - but in my book I'm waiting for that 10-12 hours to kick in. :)  What is that much sleep like again?
I wish I could say Maddie wears bows in her hair all the time.  But more than 5 minutes with one on quickly turns into tears.  However, they do make for cute pictures.
 Hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day! ... hallmark holiday and all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you Maddie! STOP GROWING!
-Auntie Caitlin