Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

38 weeks

Please forgive the very tired expression on my face.  I took this picture after rolling out of bed for work and a not so good night's sleep (a typical occurrence these days).  After work I typically go to the gym, shower and then put on sweats...so I try to take pics when I'm actually decent. And though this picture may not qualify as decent, you get the idea of how gigantic I am.
Matt and I agree how wonderful it would be if Madelyn decided to come just 6 days early and grace us with her presence in 2011 (I am married to a finance guy), but I know that she will come in God's perfect timing and I'm not too worried about it - though selfishly that would be nice on so many levels.  My first priority is that she's healthy and safe!  I know she'll come when she's ready.

I've also been praying a lot lately that God would prepare me to be a mother who sets a good example of what it means to love and walk closely with the Lord.  I know there will be so many situations that we will come across as Matt and I begin to raise our child(ren), but I feel like if we have our priorities straight of seeking God first in our household, everything else won't seem as big a deal.  I want to have a home where God is talked about freely, where we pray together daily and read the Bible regularly.  I know our home will be the biggest influence on our daughter and I know we can't do it well without God. 

At this point...
  • have 2 days of work left - as much as I'm looking forward to the break, I hope I don't go stir crazy waiting for Maddie's arrival.  At least Matt has some time off with me.
  • still not sleeping well and have swollen hands, but overall I have little to complain about during this last little bit of pregnancy.  I'm definitely blessed in that regard.
  • feel like the days are dragging by. I'm going to have to pick up a new hobby or something.  Tonight I'm going to the book store to collect some new reads.  Matt and I started a puzzle last night.  I've recorded every Hallmark/ABC Family Christmas movie on TV.  I'm baking, cooking, cleaning like every day.  And I still feel so antsy, it's hard for me to sit still when I probably should be relaxing.
  • I'm having contractions every day, but nothing consistent.  It took me quite a while to realize that they were contractions...this is my first time and there are all sorts of aches and pains throughout the pregnancy that I just endure and move on.  But good to know now. :)
  • doing what I can to stock our little freezer with easy meals once Maddie comes.  We might be doing some take-out in the days to come by default.
Oh, and if you were curious today is the shortest day of the year.  So we Anchorage folks get a whopping 5 hours and 27 min of daylight today.  I can sense your jealousy.

1 comment:

Abby said...

Puzzles saved my sanity at the end of both my previous pregnancies! If I'm still pregnant in January ,when everything dies down, I'm sure I'll be pulling out the puzzles again :P Oh, and her nursery looks great!