Please forgive the very tired expression on my face. I took this picture after rolling out of bed for work and a not so good night's sleep (a typical occurrence these days). After work I typically go to the gym, shower and then put on sweats...so I try to take pics when I'm actually decent. And though this picture may not qualify as decent, you get the idea of how gigantic I am.
I've also been praying a lot lately that God would prepare me to be a mother who sets a good example of what it means to love and walk closely with the Lord. I know there will be so many situations that we will come across as Matt and I begin to raise our child(ren), but I feel like if we have our priorities straight of seeking God first in our household, everything else won't seem as big a deal. I want to have a home where God is talked about freely, where we pray together daily and read the Bible regularly. I know our home will be the biggest influence on our daughter and I know we can't do it well without God.
At this point...
- have 2 days of work left - as much as I'm looking forward to the break, I hope I don't go stir crazy waiting for Maddie's arrival. At least Matt has some time off with me.
- still not sleeping well and have swollen hands, but overall I have little to complain about during this last little bit of pregnancy. I'm definitely blessed in that regard.
- feel like the days are dragging by. I'm going to have to pick up a new hobby or something. Tonight I'm going to the book store to collect some new reads. Matt and I started a puzzle last night. I've recorded every Hallmark/ABC Family Christmas movie on TV. I'm baking, cooking, cleaning like every day. And I still feel so antsy, it's hard for me to sit still when I probably should be relaxing.
- I'm having contractions every day, but nothing consistent. It took me quite a while to realize that they were contractions...this is my first time and there are all sorts of aches and pains throughout the pregnancy that I just endure and move on. But good to know now. :)
- doing what I can to stock our little freezer with easy meals once Maddie comes. We might be doing some take-out in the days to come by default.