Thursday before Christmas was my last day of work before maternity leave. Thankfully Matt has had off this week so at least I've had great company during these long days. They have been filled with Christmas celebrations, trips to the gym (walking outside is not happening due to the multiple inches of ice on the ground and, you know, these freezing temps), running errands, cleaning house, putting Christmas up, reading, puzzling...and waiting. Lots of waiting.
Here I am at a full 39 weeks!
- I'm sleeping a bit better most nights and getting as much as I can of it.
- Still swollen. I look forward to wearing my wedding rings again.
- Have sporadic contractions. I don't really keep track of them, though Matt asks about them all the time. I figure when I'm in actual labor I'll know (so I hear) :).
- I honestly still get nervous about how Maddie is doing. This feeling has been from the beginning - the out of control feeling of not knowing her well-being and having minor freak outs. I'm pretty sure I have the label of "nervous first time mom" across my forehead each time I walk into the doctors office.
- As ready as I am to not be pregnant anymore, I'm more ready (or as ready as I can be!) to finally hold our little girl. Matt and I give her little pep talks trying to coerce her to come join us. One day it's bound to work:).