Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

the end is near

Matt and I can now count on one hand the amount of days that we have left in Houston. Friday marks the final day. Our flight officially leaves next Tuesday, but we are both getting to spend a few days with are families before the big departure. And I think we are ready.

Physically - 95% of our belongings are either in Alaska or on their way.

Mentally - we are both so excited about starting over in a new, beautiful place. I think it will be a great fit for us. Houston brought us together and I anticipate that Anchorage will continue to deepen our marriage.

Spiritually - I know we look forward to getting plugged into a church and building community again...knowing that we'll be around for awhile.

Houston has been great, but I think we've learned we are smaller city type people. We look forward to the benefits that a small place like Anchorage has to offer (like you can get from one end of the city to the other in 20 min - I wonder what that's like?!) :).

We are spending our final few days saying goodbye to dear friends we have made. God has blessed us both as singles and as a married couple here. God brought us both here in His unique ways - and now we are leaving together on an exciting adventure I don't think either one of us would have done without the other. I anticipate that the next few days will be bittersweet.

Though I'm not going to lie...our escape from this heat and humidity couldn't have more perfect timing...:) My remaining suitcase is an eclectic assortment of tank tops, flip flops, scarves and jackets.

1 comment:

Reese said...

Matt & Laura.

So long for now good friends. I'm bummed that I wasn't able to see you before you left for the Last Frontier, but I am so happy that you are both on your way up there. If the weather has been anything like it's been in Oslo, then you're in for an amazing, amazing summer... well, except that the water is completely unswimable in Anchorage vs. Oslo, which benefits from the Gulf Current.

Laura, keep posting. I really like it a lot. The time difference makes it hard for Matt and me to hear all the latest and greatest in the Moore household. Plus, you have pictures and Matt just uses thousands of words!

I miss you guys. Have a safe trip up North. Can't wait to come visit June 2011 or early July 2011.